Are you nervous about dental procedures? Almond Dental strives to make all our patients as comfortable as possible. We understand that the thought of coming to the dentist is scary for some patients and we are here to help make it easier and more relaxing for our patients.
Sedation would be a great option for:
- Patients who avoid the dentist due to fear and anxiety
- Patients who have had a previous traumatic experience
- Patients where the sounds in the dental office are bothersome
- Patients who have a bad gag reflex
- Patients who have a fear of needles
- Patients who have a problem getting numb
Sedation comes with many questions and here are some of the most common:
- Will I be sleeping during the procedure?
- No, make you are so relaxed that you are unaware of what is going on, and you will little to no memory of the procedure.
- Do I get an IV for this procedure?
- We do something called oral sedation. The doctor will place a pill under your tongue at the start of your appointment and will monitor your vitals. You will need a driver to bring you to your appointment and take you home.
- How do I know if sedation is safe for me?
- We would have you come in for a free consultation to go over your full medical history and talk with your physician if needed. We would be monitoring you during your entire appointment. Our staff has been fully trained in oral sedation. We will answer any questions that you may have at your first appointment with us.