You made it through the most important part: deciding on getting a dental implant for your missing tooth; everything else is secondary. We understand your concerns, but trust the word of professionals, dental implants are not painful.
Yes, the whole sense of cutting on gums and placing a foreign object does seem scary, but it is not, and here’s why.
Is getting dental implants painful?
No, it is not. The dental implants procedure is painless due to the use of anesthetics. However, you may feel some discomfort as soon as the effect starts wearing off. But that too will subside as days pass.
Types Of Sedation That Dentists Use To Not Make Dental Implants a Painful Process
There are two types of sedation or anesthetics given during a dental implant procedure, making the whole journey a comfortable one.
IV sedation dentistry
It is best suited and kept for surgeries like these. Ideal for people who are a little extra with their emotions, no judging! They may need extra reassurance, and IV sedation gives them just that. It is one of the best forms of pain relief; lets you remain awake and calm during the entire treatment.
IV sedation administration is done through the vein route, directly into the blood stream, which lets you feel deeply relaxed but still able to respond.
Like almost all dental procedures, local anesthetics may be used to fit your jaw implants. They numb the area of your mouth which needs treatment.
With an anesthetic, the patient may suffer from a small degree of pressure. However, the procedure is totally pain-free if one decides to use a combination of sedation and local anesthetic.
When Do You Need A Dental Implant?
- If your tooth can not be saved anymore.
- When your dentures are creating trouble, and you want to chew, talk and laugh with ease.
- If you are tired of putting in and taking out dentures.
- Irreversible damage to your tooth that cannot be saved anymore.
- It is the best option if you are looking for merely a cosmetic solution. Implants work perfectly well for gaps when veneers, as well as composite bonding, are not good solutions since there is no way to rebuild the tooth.
- In case you suffer from an injury, a good-looking perfect set of teeth may need dental implants because of gaps due to impact. A chipped tooth may need as simple as composite bonding might rebuild for a seamless repair.
- Bone loss, tooth loss where the tooth can no longer stand in its place, getting an implant is a perfect option.
The dental implant procedure is painless; however, you may feel pressure during the surgery and some discomfort in the following days. But with the right aid, prescription painkillers as well as rest, you will be normal in a snap. Why don’t you contact dentists from Almond Dental for more information? If you are from St. Anthony, you will find us near Silver Lake Rd and Maple Grove, Fountains Dr road.